Anthony Cooper Driving School
Driving School in and around Callington
Anthony Cooper Driving School Terms And Conditions
Please read through our terms and conditions carefully.
Driving Lessons & Social Distancing
- In booking driving lessons with Anthony Cooper Driving School, you the customer accept that it is impossible to fully eliminate the potential risk of Covid-19, due to the inability to exercise social distancing within a vehicle and you agree that Anthony Cooper Driving School does not accept any responsibility for that risk. As such you solely and freely agree that it is your choice and decision to accept those risks and abide by the terms set out below.
- As we cannot keep a 1 or 2 meter distance during driving lessons, we will respond and implement directions given to us by the government to ensure we reduce the risk of spreading the Covid-19 virus.
- Lessons must not go ahead if either the student or driving instructor has any symptoms relating to Covid-19 or have been in contact with anybody within the last 14 days who has had the Covid-19 symptoms.
The Driving Instructor will also check whether:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus such as a cough or a high temperature – find out more here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- you know, or have been in contact with, anyone that is showing symptoms.
- you, or anyone they have been in contact with, have
travelled from a high risk region.
- It is important that you answer these questions honestly as you do not want to put the instructor or any of their other students at risk. This will also avoid the lesson being cancelled halfway through if the instructor decides you are not well enough, which may have financial implications for you.
- The student will be asked to wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to leaving the home and entering the vehicle for driving lessons.
- The Driving Instructor and student are to use hand sanitiser before the lesson starts and during driving the lesson.
- The controls and interior of the car are to be cleaned before each lesson and before the student enters the vehicle, using antibacterial/ anti virus wipes or spray and disposed of into a sealed plastic bag. Particular attention will be made to the cleaning of the steering wheel, indicator, wiper and other control stems, interior mirror, keys, internal door handles, arm rests, gear stick, window control buttons, seat belt including buckle & clasp, sun visors, hand brake, seat & steering wheel adjustment leavers/controls, heating controls & dash board.
- Windows and air vents are to be open to improve ventilation within the vehicle.
- Face masks and gloves will be worn at the discretion of the and Driving Instructor.
- Unless the cancellation is Covid-19 related as per above, cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the time of the lesson to the instructor or the lesson fee will be charged.
- The Driving Instructor can reserve the right to cancel lessons if the student is not fit to drive due to safety or
hygiene reasons (for example colds and flu) and the lesson price will be forfeited.
- The Driving Instructor will reserve the right to withdraw the car from test without notice should the student not be up to test standard due to safety reasons.
- The Driving Instructor will advise the student when it is appropriate to book the practical test.
- In their own interests, learners are advised to be punctual for their lesson appointments. All such appointments should be recorded. The Instructor will normally wait no more than 10 minutes before abandoning the lesson when the lesson fee would be forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if we are delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by us either at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date.
The Driving Instructor (Anthony Cooper)
- Is a self-employed independent driving instructor. All lessons booked direct with him constitute an agreement between himself (The Instructor) and the student.
- All payments are made direct to Anthony Cooper and any refunds will be made from Anthony Cooper.
- Must be paid for in advance otherwise the normal hourly rate will apply.
- Can only be taken by holders of a Provisional Driving Licence.
- The instructor reserves the right to withdraw their car from use of a practical driving test, without notice, should the student prove not to be of test standard.
- The instructor will not be responsible for any fees which are lost as a result.
- The driving instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance to provide comprehensive cover should the student be involved in a collision as a learner driver whilst driving the driving instructor’s car with the instructor. However, whilst on tests, the student is deemed liable and responsible in the event of any incident or accident, to pay for any damages or insurance excess incurred.
- Anthony Cooper reserves the right to cancel the lesson if the student is deemed to be unfit for driving due to alcohol, drugs or other medical reasons that may affect the safety of others.
- Anthony Cooper reserves the right to withdraw the car for tests without notice should the student prove not to be up to test standard.
- Anthony Cooper can not be held responsible for postponements of lessons due to illness or mechanical breakdown, nor for driving tests postponed by the Driving Vehicle and Standards Agency.
DVSA Code Of Practice
- The Instructor (Anthony Cooper) will abide by the DVSA
Code Of Practice:
Your Statutory Rights
Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or miss-described goods or services provided. We have a statutory obligation to provide you with goods and services fit for the purpose for which they were bought and as described. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local trading standards department or citizen's advice bureau.